Monday, June 6, 2011

Lindsay R. Casten


She's gorgeous, huh?
I think so...

Lindsay R. Casten (maiden name Gibson).  I suppose I could write an entire book on Lindsay...as I said in my own intro, as you read about our family this summer, you'll get to know her.

Lindsay in not only intelligent, she is brilliant.  

Lindsay is brilliant in her personal life.  She cares for herself with a self-respect that guides her to be the best version of herself she can be.  She continues to grow in her experiences and with that growth she shares with others.  She shares her thoughts, her desires, her fears and her dreams.  People look to Lindsay for advice, for guidance, and for a shoulder to lean on--each time anything is requested of her, she lovingly offers herself; a true sign of a confident, loving person.

Lindsay is brilliant in our marriage.  As a wife, Lindsay has defined for me what it means to love & support a spouse; to be a best friend.  In the past 6 years since we began dating (we knew each other for a few years before that) we both have had several family hardships (unexpected deaths & sickness). The stress and anxiety that stemmed from those experiences left me in a dark place...Lindsay was there for me; holding my hand, holding my spirit, holding our marriage.  She loves me through and through each day...she is lovingly brilliant.
 
She shines with brilliance when it comes to her children.  She was meant to be a mother...she knows, I know it, and our kids know it.  Lindsay finds her heart in her children; and with each piece of her daily life with them, she pours out her soul to their well being.  She teaches them, plays with them disciplines them, laughs with them, cries with them, protects them, worships with them, and cares for them in a way unmatched. Not only is Lindsay the primary caregiver of our three children under the age of 4, she keeps a clean house that always has fresh clothes and towels at the ready for her family. She cooks incredible meals and is always adding different recipes to her repertoire.  Our children are fortunate to have her as their mother.

Lindsay is brilliant in her business.  From the first moments she spoke of her idea to start her own business (Mama Bracelets at www.mamabracelets.com), she never settled for anything but the best.  She has a natural talent for her profession.  As she continues to grow her business she holds fast to her ideals of being a fair, honest businesswoman.  She spends hours designing items for her customers---they only see the final product; but I see more.  I see the hours of planning, sketches, trial-and-error samples, photograph after photograph, and hours of bouncing ideas back and forth with herself and others--all to present the public, most of whom she has never met, with the best product she can deliver.  Brilliance.

If you ever get the chance to spend some time with Lindsay you'll walk away feeling like you are the most important person in the world.  She truly loves people, loves relationships, and loves the life she has chosen.  That love is evidenced in her personal life, her marriage, her children, and her business.

I love her with all my heart...I can now see, more than ever, that the biblical verse we chose for our wedding continues to ring true in our lives and I look forward to that growing.
A portion of the verse that I am referring to is, "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corithians 13:13

*******************************************************************************

Ava will be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment